Tuesday 27 January 2015

Anzac Memorial

I was looking for some bright colour, and some shade to stand under, when I glanced into Anzac Park on the way past. I was captured by the brilliant scarlet of the geraniums. The gardens are more magnificent this year than usual. I think it must be because it is the centennial year that they are making a special effort. It is a very quiet moving place. A lovely oasis in the centre of the city. I note that seagulls are no respecters of monuments or memorials. He watched me painting so I returned the compliment and included him in the composition.



15028. "Anzac Memorial". Oil on panel. 6x8in. $100

Any painting from this blog may be purchased by emailing me at
rosswhitlock@inspire.net.nz

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment